URBINO, The Duke and the Divine Painter: guided tour for groups from 6 to 30 participants
- Durata: 3 Ore (circa)
- Luogo: Urbino, Marche
- Codice prodotto: 009620, VGCORR
Duke Federico da Montefeltro, a man of arms and refined culture, and Raffaello Sanzio, the "divine painter", have left an indelible mark on the architectural and cultural structure of the city. The incredible personalities of the two illustrious "sons" of Urbino are still alive today in two important museums: Palazzo Ducale and Casa Raffaello, the birthplace of the artist. The itinerary crosses the two main districts of the historic center: the noble district of Poggio and the artisan district of Monte, creating an ideal bridge between artist and client, between the places of the city and the people who live there.
The service is available in the following languages: English, Spanish, French, German.
The price includes:
- Guided tour service at Palazzo Ducale and Casa Raffaello (1 guide)
The fee does not include:
- Entrance ticket to Palazzo Ducale;
- Booking of the entrance time slot at Palazzo Ducale (optional, recommended in the period from March to May, € 1.00 / pax);
- Entrance ticket to Casa Raffaello;
- Anything not expressly mentioned in "the price includes".
Ticket prices for Palazzo Ducale
Standard ticket € 8,00
Concessions (*) € 2,00
– EU citizens aged between 18 and 25;
– Non-EU citizens aged between 18 and 25, provided there is a reciprocal discount agreement.
Free ticket (*)
– EU citizens under 18 years of age;
– members of the I.C.O.M. (International Council of Museums);
– tour guides from the European Union, complete with professional licence;
– tour interpreters from the EU when needed to work alongside the guides;
– staff from the Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities;
groups of students from public and private schools in the European
Union, accompanied by their teachers, subject to reservation and within
the numbers set by the museum;
– teachers and students from the faculties of:
*Conservation of Cultural Heritage;
*Literature and Philosophy (courses with a specialisation in archaeology or art history);
*Fine Arts Academies;
– students of the Central Institute for Restoration, from the Opificio delle Pietre Dure, and the School for Mosaic Restoration;
– EU journalists with professional accreditation card;
– EU citizens with registered disabilities, together with carer;
– Non-EU citizens aged between 18 and 25, provided there is a reciprocal free entry agreement.
-First Sundays of the month from October to March;
- Settimana dei Musei;
- Free openings established by the National Gallery of Marche:
1st of June – Feast of San Crescentino, patron saint of Urbino;
7, 8th of June – Birthday of the Duke Federico da Montefeltro;
12, 13 and 14th of August – Festa del Duca;
7, 8th of December – Festa del Duca d’Inverno.
(*) Valid documentary proof will be required.
Ticket prices for Casa Raffaello
Full admission € 3.50
Reduced admission € 2.50 groups min. 15 people
Reduced admission € 1.00 school groups
Free entry: minors under 15 accompanied, disabled people and their companion.